Updated: Apr 7, 2020
Oh the skin of our youth...before hormonal changes and sun damage. I miss those days! Normal Skin is the type we all strive for as it has a supple texture, a perfect balance of oil production without being affected by blemishes and acne. If you are one of the lucky few and your skin has maintained its suppleness through adulthood, despite enduring hormonal fluctuations, environmental changes, pollution and sun damage, you may also be considered to have a normal skin type. Good job!
Here are a few tips to prevent damage and maintain your youthful glow:
Support and maintain your skin with a skincare regimen designed for your skin needs. A gentle cleanser, PH balancing toner, moisturizer and a physical sunblock should be used daily. For an extra treat add Vie by Shanti's Enzyme Exfoliator 1-2 times a week.
Protect your skin against sun exposure by wearing hats, sunglasses and reapplying your physical sunscreen every hour while being outside - - you'll thank me later ;).
Nutrition and Lifestyle
- Avoid processed and inflammatory foods. Such as sugar and dairy.
- Drink at least 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water a day. For example, if you weigh 150 lbs, you should drink at least 75 oz of water/day. However, if you live in a hot climate or workout, you will need to increase your water intake to replace what you've lost through your sweat glands.
- Omega-3's such as fish and flaxseed are anti-inflammatory and help keep your skin supple and soft.
- Probiotics help balance the intestinal flora which reduces inflammation and aids in digestion.
- And of course live inspired and with joy, when we are in a harmonious state, our body and skin is able to function more optimally. :)
Wanna learn more? Subscribe to our email list to stay current. viebyshanti.com
#VieByShanti #NormalSkin #SkinRecommendations #LifeStyleAndNutrition #ProtectYourSkin #Education #Esthetician #IndieBrand #SkinTricks #ProAdvise #HealthySkin #Sunscreen #EnzymeExfoliator #Smallbiz #Shopsmall #PNW